Claims Service Manager - Remote/Hybrid Opportunity
As part of our Client Service team, you will serve as coordinator of implementation and claims service delivery for assigned clients. Use your knowledge and experience in claims management to effectively and efficiently partner with PMA departments to provide superior client service to self- insured and insured business while assisting PMA in meetings its business objectives. Services will be delivered through a combination of in person and virtual interactions with the client and broker. This position can be based out of any of our offices in the Southeast Region.
- Participate in new business presentations and broker capabilities presentations.
- Coordinate orientation /implementation of new clients and serve as a point of contact for all service issues.
- Assist sales and underwriting efforts by representing PMA Companies to the marketplace through broker interactions, networking events, industry and specialty functions/conferences, etc.
- Coordinate vendor management, facilitate account improvement process, coordinate feedback to service team on trends and deliver stewardship reports and claim reviews.
- Maintain ongoing and effective communication with client, broker, and PMA departments.
- Integral part of PMA account management team and key participant in internal account management meetings, the primary goal of which is to ensure that PMA achieves its business objectives and clients are preforming at an optimal level.
- Interface with Managed Care to leverage our capabilities and differentiate PMA in the marketplace.
- Communicate claim handling philosophy/guidelines/best practices to brokers and clients.
- Analyze, document, communicate and implement Special Handling Instructions while adhering to the PMA exception process for insured and PMAIC unbundled accounts.
- Assist Underwriter/ Account Executive with the evaluation of the cost of services by client. This communication occurs throughout the life of the policy/contract and during account management meetings.
- Communicate the financial impact of services and claims activity trend analysis to clients and brokers through business analytics and impactful stewardship reporting.
- Partner with Risk Control on trend analysis, benchmarking and data analytics activities for Insured accounts and involve RC in self-insured business based on contract or account improvement initiatives.
- Understand and integrate PMA Enhanced Services to assist TPA clients in reducing total cost of risk
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Five plus years of insurance/self-insurance and/or risk management experience.
- Workers Compensation and Casualty Claims experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and active listening skills
- Strong data analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Customer Service orientation
- Associate in Claims (AIC), Chartered Property Casualty Insurance (CPCU) designation or Risk Management designation preferred.