SUMMARY: Responsible for handling all multi-line claims in assigned territory to a proper conclusion with a starting salary of $50,000 and a company car.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Investigate, validate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle all claims as assigned.
- Submit reserve recommendations on assigned claims.
- Communicate with the public regarding procedures, problems, and coverages.
- Negotiate fair settlement with individual claimants or Attorneys.
- Maintain claim files and follow departmental reporting procedures.
- Report risk reviews to the Underwriting department.
- Participate in training and continuing education courses as requested or required.
- Prepare estimates on auto and property losses.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Obtain Adjuster's license in 6 months
- Strong Verbal communication & listening skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Possesses strong product knowledge
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituent
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks.