Inbound Sales Consultant (Direct Sales Center)
As a DSC Sales Consultant, you will assess each customer’s needs, research a variety of outcomes and provide real-time solutions as part of our Direct Sales Center. Key elements of success include listening to the needs of prospects, current policy holders, and business partners while selling new or add-on business and generating leads with established customers through the telephone.
While most of your day you will be spent answering incoming customer calls, your primary focus and responsibility will be to interview prospects to uncover their insurance needs, recommend Mutual of Omaha products and write applications for insurance. Through it all, you will strive to provide the industry-leading service our customers have come to expect from Mutual of Omaha.
If you are passionate about customer service and enjoy a sales environment, combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
Training classes begin on Friday June 11th.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Receive incoming calls from prospects, sales lead sources, and existing customers.
- Interview prospects, leads, and customers looking for assistance with Life and Health insurance and encourage prospects to close business over the phone when appropriate.
- Initiate, interview, identify and send appropriate materials to meet the caller's insurance needs, and make outbound calls as needed to close follow up business over the phone.
- Proactively conserves policies that are in danger of lapse or cancellation.
- Meet and/or exceed department standards related to productivity and sales standards established through measurements.
- Confidentially handles all policy owner and prospect information. Ensures company compliance standards are met by acquiring and maintaining appropriate insurance licenses and appointments.
- Assists with DSC special projects as assigned.
- This position will onboard, train and work remotely from home.
- Will be required to pass state life and health licensing exam within 90 days after training is complete.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- Must have access to high-speed internet (40MBPS or higher) and personal phone to conduct customer calls. Wireless (Wi-Fi) is not allowed (Ethernet connection to modem or router ONLY) Satellite connection is not allowed.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, we are open M-F 6:30am-8pm CST and occasional Saturdays
- Sales background with proven performance in a competitive sales environment preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret insurance products, features, and policy language and the ability to market and sell such products.
- Strong oral communication skills, sound judgement and human relations skills.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced, production environment; navigate in multiple computer applications; and provide requirements and solutions telephonically.
- Ability to meet sales and overall performance targets in order to pass initial training.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance in adherence to department and company attendance expectations.
- Ability to pass background and credit checks to secure insurance licenses.
- Experience working in inbound sales environment preferred.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- $18/hr with uncapped incentive
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.