Underwriter I - Personal Lines
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following REMOTE - FLORIDA (Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Tampa, FL area)
The Underwriter I position is responsible for accepting business into the organization by reviewing and evaluating Personal Lines applications for property insurance for acceptability and pricing decisions utilizing various underwriting tools, technology, and resources in accordance with approved underwriting guidelines and standards.
- Review & underwrite complex Property & Casualty policy applications, renewal activities, restrictions, and cancellations to determine risk acceptability, pricing and coverage within underwriting authority and corporate underwriting guidelines and standards.
- Provide complex technical advice, training and support to agents and other internal and external stakeholders to promote consistent risk-based underwriting philosophy in all products and activities regarding the company's policies, coverages, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure a high level of data integrity through consistent and continual risk analysis by using data analytics, renewal underwriting, post loss reviews and collaboration with other departments throughout the organization.
- Monitor trends and provide feedback for process improvement opportunities and participate in underwriting related projects, committees or special assignments as requested by management.
- Handle underwriting specific Tier II telephone calls referred from the Customer Care Center as well as vendors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years
- 2 or more years’ experience in property insurance operations, claims, agency, or call center
- 4 or more years of experience in property insurance operations, claims, agency or call center
- Knowledge of UW procedures, manuals policy administration and workflow
- CPCU designation or AINS Designation
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or risk
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).