PLEASE NOTE: Your application will expire one year from the time of submission. Please feel free to apply to any other positions for which you may qualify.
FLVS is more than just a school. We are a diverse team comprised of thousands of individuals, all working together toward a common goal, and as a team, we value the talents and contributions that each member has to offer. With this mindset always at the forefront, we keep the student at the center of every decision we make and continue to lead the online teaching revolution every day.
At FLVS, we do more than just talk about our values; we proudly live them and rely on them to be the foundation of everything we do: Put people first, Take the lead, Blaze the trail, Love what you do. We put these Core Values into action every day in order to deliver a high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge Kindergarten-12 students need for success.
With competitive compensation and benefits packages, a superb work-life balance for all employees, countless professional development opportunities, a supportive management team, a collaborative work environment, and a “people first” culture, the FLVS team is transforming education worldwide and changing lives – one student at a time.Job Posting End Date:
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM on
Assistant General Counsel
FL - HOME OFFICEJob Description Summary:
Our Mission is to deliver a high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success.
FLVS does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.The Position:
Position General Summary:
The Assistant General Counsel for the Office of General Counsel (“OGC”) provides legal services and legal advice to the Board of Trustees, CEO, and staff serving Florida Virtual School (“FLVS”) at the direction of and under the supervision of the General Counsel.
Essential Position Functions:
- Provide advice and counseling regarding:
- IDEA/Section 504 and related ESE issues
- employment-related matters, including collective bargaining
- public records requests/issues
- purchasing and procurement
- Assist with implementation and compliance with applicable laws and programs, including Title IX and Title II/ADA.
- Represent FLVS in administrative and quasi-judicial hearings concerning:
- employee discipline
- student discipline
- bid dispute protests
- Represent FLVS and its officials/personnel in litigation and administrative proceedings as directed by supervising OGC attorney.
- Assist with risk management issues.
- Assist with formulation of proposed policies and administrative directives.
- Assist with development of FLVS and OGC handbooks, materials, and forms.
- Provide training to FLVS personnel and officials concerning legal issues, regulations, and/or processes.
- Monitor and provide advice on legislative and regulatory developments potentially impacting FLVS.
- Serve as an ambassador of FLVS and OGC when communicating with Board Members, community representatives, parents, students, and representatives of other organizations.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information protected from disclosure pursuant to state and federal law, regulation, legal privilege, and/or attorney work product doctrine.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned duties.
- Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with Board policies and FLVS procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork.
- Pursue professional training, seminars, and conferences to maintain and continuously improve upon the skills needed to faithfully perform assigned duties.
- Attend meetings, hearings, interviews, and other events as needed and within normal work hours.
- Identify, develop, and recommend model practices and procedures which enhance the efficiency and performance of OGC operations.
- Perform professional obligations through effective work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources, and demonstrating respect for others.
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervising OGC attorney.
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.)
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- Member in Good Standing with the Florida Bar
- At least three years of experience in the practice of law
- Working knowledge of rules and procedures applicable to administrative proceedings, general litigation, appellate matters, and state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to state agencies and the governance and operation of Florida's K-20 Education System
Knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to public education
- Ability to zealously represent FLVS and its officials and personnel in array of litigation, administrative proceedings, and arbitration/alternative dispute resolution matters.
- Ability to plan, direct, and supervise the work of subordinate employees
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and through people to establish goals, objectives, and action plans
- Proficiency in online and text-based legal research
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Clearly and effectively conveys and/or presents information verbally; summarizes what was heard to mitigate miscommunication; Shares ideas and perspectives and encourages others to do the same; Informs others involved in a project of new developments; Disseminates information to other employees, as appropriate; Effectively uses multiple channels to communicate important messages; Keeps supervisor well informed about progress and/or problems in a timely manner; Writes in a clear, concise, organized and convincing way for a variety of target audiences; The written message is consistently error-free.
Prioritizes Clients (internal and external) and their needs as primary and is dedicated to meeting their expectations; Develops and maintains Client relationships; builds credibility and trust; Quickly and effectively solves Client problems; Provides prompt, attentive service in a cheerful manner; adapts to changing information, conditions or challenges with a positive attitude; Incorporates Client feedback into delivery of service to provide the best experience possible for the Client; Actively promotes FLVS in community by serving as a FLVS ambassador or volunteer.
Relates well with others; Treats others with respect; Shares views in a tactful way; Demonstrates diplomacy by approaching others about sensitive issues in non-threatening ways; Considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others; Fosters an environment conducive to open, transparent communication among all levels and positions; Takes the initiative to get to know internal and external Clients.
FUNCTIONAL /TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Has the skills, abilities, knowledge and experience to be successful in functional area of expertise; Dedicates time and energy to keeping abreast of the latest information related to area of expertise and technology; Picks up on technology quickly; Does well in technical courses and seminars; Produces high quality work in an organized and timely fashion.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all; Ability to represent his/her own interests while being fair to others; Solves problems with peers with minimal or no distraction to operations; Observed as a team player and cooperative; Easily gains trust and support of peers; Encourages collaboration; Exhibits candor with peers.
Develops new and unique ideas; Easily makes connections among previously unrelated matters; Creates and contributes valuable insights during brainstorming sessions; Takes calculated risks; Is not afraid to try new things.
Seeks feedback; Gains insight from mistakes; Is open to constructive criticism; Is not defensive; Proactively seeks to understand his/her strengths and areas for growth; Applies information to best serve FLVS and its stakeholders; Recognizes how his/her behavior impacts others and incorporates insight into future interactions.
Accurately assesses length and difficulty of tasks and projects; Sets realistic objectives and goals; Breaks down work into the achievable steps; Develops schedules and assignments; Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; Measures performance against goals; Evaluates results.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; Can attend to a broader range of activities as a result of organizing time efficiently; Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; Probes all fruitful sources for answers; Sees out hidden problems; Conducts honest analyses; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; Results- oriented; Steadfastly pushes self and others for results; Exhibits energy and excitement to meet and overcome challenges; Consistently seizes opportunities; Consistently exceeds goals.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Occasional travel is required to attend meetings, training sessions and conferences; location may vary and may require overnight stays
- Light physical activities and efforts required working in an office environment
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)