Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Commercial Underwriter who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. The Commercial Underwriter (UW) is an experienced, highly productive position. The UW will apply analytical, sales, and interpersonal skills to manage a large P&C portfolio of business with a group of assigned agencies. This specifically includes new and renewal business as well as interim policy transaction. In addition, the underwriter will manage relationships across varied sources – including internal and external partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate policies of insurance to place business that meets underwriting guidelines and business strategy.
- Maintains a renewal portfolio and profitable loss experience in line with business goals.
- Conducts loss control analysis with various resources provided through physical inspection reports, geocoding services, and catastrophic modeling services; and communicates any loss control recommendations or policy modifications with agency.
- Effectively communicates to marketing representatives and commercial vendors to obtain additional information or explain company policy.
- Independently sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure timely & appropriate service in accordance with operating standards.
- Cultivates strong relationships with agency partners, marketing representatives, coworkers, and other business contacts.
- May analyze portfolio trends, loss experience, and agency experience to collaborate on goal-setting discussions.
- May conduct independent agency field visits, as well as participate in industry events, when appropriate.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college preferred. Industry education including CPCU or CIC highly desired. Three or more years of technical underwriting experience, preferably in property & casualty insurance.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Contribute to team discussions
- Become proficient with all tools and technologies
- Be open with new ideas or proposals
- Possess strong communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent customer focus
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more