IT - Technical SQA Test Analyst
We are looking for a passionate Quality Assurance professional with the proven ability to drive quality from concept to installation. You will run automated scripts and analyze automated script results. Evaluate and test a variety of software programs wherein testing tasks are highly technical and diverse in nature.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in developing and maintaining of the automated testing scripts used to validate functional capabilities of THIG (Tower Hill Insurance Group) software application as well as third party applications used by THIG in order to meet requirement compliance.
- Familiarity of the underlying architecture of a multi-tier browser-based application, including operating systems, servers, networking, clients, and browsers.
- Fulfill test objectives for each phase of the SDLC using build verification, validation, functional and system tests.
- Assist in the review of requirements, detailed design documents and changes in system architecture which will require new test development or changes of existing tests.
- Participate in software release testing effort estimation and planning sessions.
- Using Java with the Eclipse IDE – design and develop automated tests using Silk Test Silk4J automated software testing application.
- Design and maintain automated build, regression and system test schedules using Silk Central Test Management software.
- Install program changes to and maintain configuration of test environments used by testers and user acceptance groups.
- Review test input data, test results and result reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy and completeness.
- Identify and document software or system defects using detailed, accurate, and concise descriptions and steps to reproduce issue.
- Respond to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functionality and operation of software programs in a timely manner.
- Assist programmers in identification, reproduction and resolution of issues found during testing.
- Interact cohesively as a team member in an interactive working environment.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced development/release cycle, with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and two years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in testing web-based (GUI) software applications.
- Must have knowledge of performance, stress and load testing.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have experience using QA methodologies and processes as part of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Must have experience with coding languages including Java, Object Oriented programming, C, C , VBA or VB.NET.
- Knowledge of Silk Test .NET or Silk4J applications a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use automated testing tools.
- Must have automated and manual testing experience.
- Must be motivated, detail oriented and be able to provide quality results.
- Must have good people skills and able to work in a team environment.
- Must have good decision-making skills.
- Must have good time management, planning and organizational skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Introduction to Software Test Automation
- Formal structured Software Test Automation Training
- Agile Training-Methods
- Basic Insurance & Introductory Insurance Course
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Competitive starting salary
Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Account
Matching 401(k) Plan
Paid PTO and holidays
Business casual dress, and more