Claims Adjuster Field
We’re expanding our Field team!
ASI/Progressive Homeowners is growing and we’re looking for experienced Field Staff Adjusters to join our talented team. We offer the confidence and stability that comes from working with a successful and growing organization. If you’re searching for a new opportunity with longevity and career advancement, ASI/Progressive Homeowners may be the perfect place for you.
Relocation assistance may be available for this position.Job Purpose
Ensures claims are fairly and accurately investigated and evaluated in accordance with established timelines, customer service standards, and quality standards. Responsible for coverage and damages analysis of residential claims, which includes the ability to negotiate and complete settlements fairly and equitably with all parties.
Essential Job Functions
- Determines insurance coverage and extend of company's liability.
- Inspects, scopes, approves, and adjusts estimates of damage, as well as determines loss amounts. Uses estimating software to produce accurate scopes of damage. Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Manages diaries and tasks in the Claims System. Effectively manages pending files in accordance with Claims Best Practices.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement.
- Bachelor’s degree; four years of prior work experience with a history of high performance within financial services, customer service, construction, property management, or related field; or some combination thereof. Minimum three years of claims experience required, five preferred. Property and casualty experience required.
- Adjuster License in applicable states required.
- Intermediate knowledge of residential construction, roofing, and repair techniques strongly preferred.
- Experience preparing repair estimates in Xactimate and interpreting estimates using unit pricing.
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to assigned territory. Must be willingness to travel as needed.
- Must possess the physical ability to travel to impacted areas during major catastrophes.
- Must possess the physical ability to travel for day-to-day field work and to attend litigation hearings, examinations under oath, meditations, and training as needed.
- Must have the ability to load and unload equipment as well as bend, walk, and climb for several consecutive hours while inspecting damaged property.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401(k) retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!