Underwriter - Personal Lines
Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Personal Lines Underwriter who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. The Personal Lines Underwriter is a key individual whose focus is customer service and building relationships with our Agents through telephone interactions and written communications. Primary duties include a balanced responsibility for underwriting new business and renewal policies, endorsements and helping to maintain a profitable in-force book of business based on Underwriting Guidelines. The position requires strong communication, time management and decision-making skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews insurance applications and endorsements to evaluate submissions information required to accept or reject new policies based on underwriting guidelines.
- Assesses risk quality for in-force book of business through renewal review process to ensure compliance within company guidelines and initiates appropriate loss prevention actions.
- Research and follow through with requests for missing information from agency partners.
- Communicates daily with agents via telephone, internal diary and email to assist in risk placement and rating, to obtain information and answer agent inquiries.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Communicates with field reps and other insurance or inspection companies to obtain information, answer inquiries, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers including, Actuary, Marketing, IT and Claims in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Interprets and explains products and services.
- Travel periodically to assigned field.
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 1 year or less industry experience; or 1 - 4 years industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Contribute to team discussions
- Become proficient with all tools and technologies
- Be open with new ideas or proposals
- Possess strong communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent customer focus
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more