Claims Examiner - Commercial - Property
Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Commercial Property Claims Examiner who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. As a Commercial Property Claims Examiner, you will review and analyze 1st party Commercial claims to determine coverage and extent of damage to property and recommend settlement amounts in order to conclude claims with policy holders in accordance with policy provisions and applicable insurance statutes and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews the insurance policy, endorsements, and related information in order to make a coverage determination.
- Conducts the appropriate claim investigation and directs the investigation of any assigned independent or other vendor.
- Obtains any physical evidence, develops third party information and theory of liability, conducts interviews, and secures official records.
- Provides prompt service to policyholders utilizing phone, fax, mail and electronic mail. Communicates with all customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Reviews adjusters’ reports, damage estimates, expert reports and any other documentation needed to make the appropriate coverage and loss decisions to conclude assigned claims.
- Makes recommendations and decisions based on claim documentation and investigation.
- Maintains file documentation, file notes and investigation documentation on each assigned claim in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintains open claim inventory per company guidelines.
- Communicates with Claims Supervisors consistent with company guidelines.
- Operates in accordance with Florida Statues.
- Maintains FL License by meeting Continuing Education requirements.
- Operates within assigned authority guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree (four-year college/university preferred) or equivalent professional education and experience combined; minimum of 5 years related Commercial Adjusting experience (field adjusting commercial experience preferred).
- Florida Adjuster's License
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Contribute to team discussions
- Become proficient with all tools and technologies
- Be open with new ideas or proposals
- Possess strong communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent customer focus
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more