Engineer - Senior DevOps
The DevOps Engineer will help Tower Hill evaluate and implement AWS and DevOps technologies including configuration and support for on premise and AWS environments. This position will work in our Gainesville, Florida office as part of an agile development team, with a focus on continuous delivery and automation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide guidance on transitioning the company from on-premise infrastructure to cloud infrastructure.
- Provide guidance on transitioning current automation, deployment, configuration management, and monitoring practices and tools from on-premise to cloud infrastructure.
- Design and deliver training to other staff as well as provide guidance and mentoring to current Systems staff related to AWS, automation, configuration management, etc.
- Build and extend automation tools for infrastructure provisioning, test automation, and software deployments.
- Design new system architecture, analyzing available technologies for performance, reliability, and cost.
- Work closely with Development, QA, and IT Operations to facilitate product releases.
- Govern implementation standards and create metrics and dashboards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 7 years IT experience as a systems engineer, developer, or combination.
- Expert engineering and operations experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) as well as a light development background in one or more of the required languages Ruby, Python, Golang and Java.
- Experience managing production enterprise workloads in AWS including use of VPC, CloudFormation, Router 53, ELB, ALB, Cognito, AWS Directory Service, IAM, Lambda, S3, Aurora PostgreSQL, API Gateway, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, OpsWorks, AWS Firewall, WAF & Shield, Certificate Manager, and other AWS services.
- Must be well versed in writing automation using Chef, Puppet or another SCM tool.
- Expert experience on Linux performance tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to 'deep dive' in troubleshooting applications and systems using various technologies such as log files, New Relic, or Elastic Stack.
- Automation experience with Build/deployment, Software Configuration/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Release Engineering related tasks.
- Experience building CI/CD solutions.
- Experience with CM tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Saltstack.
- Experience with Github, Maven/Gradle, and Jenkins/Jenkins X.
- Experience with Docker, ECS, Kubernetes/EKS, Linkerd/Istio, and Fargate
- Experience with AWS ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, and Fargate.
- Experience with SpringBoot, Kafka, Zookeeper, Tomcat, and HAproxy.
- Experience in integrating Static/Dynamic Scan tools in SDLC process.
- Working experience in authentication technologies, including OAuth, 2FA, SAML, OpenLDAP, ForgeRock, and SSO.
- Experience supporting production environments which utilize Microservices architecture.
- Must have strong personal skills. Works well with upper management.
- Passionate about new technologies and motivated to research, test, and implement fully automated and operationalized assets.
- Effective at dealing with change: Able to transition in role or handle a significant modification to workflow or technology with minimal ramp-up time and with very little guidance.
- Must be self-motivated to stay on top of current technologies and solve problems across many different area of IT.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer desired.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical, documentation and communication skills.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 environment.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Contribute to team discussions
- Become proficient with all tools and technologies
- Be open with new ideas or proposals
- Possess strong communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent customer focus
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.