Business Systems Analyst II
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs. Must be able to work with a diverse stakeholder group, identify areas of contention and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the solution delivery team while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
- Analyze business needs and processes, and develop detailed requirements documentation for changes, enhancements, and new development.
- Research and analyze business problems to determine if systems solutions are advisable and available.
- Determine impacts to workflow and assist in the development of new workflows.
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively communicate requirements conflicts to project leads, assist with conflict resolution.
- Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
- Manage requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with QA/Testing team for test plan and testing activities. Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements. Support the planning and execution of testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues and defect resolution with the business and development teams. Measures and tracks quality of business analysis work.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
- Effectively verify and validate requirements; ensure that all requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfill goals and objectives, and meet a stakeholder need.
- Continuously strive to improve understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery. Embrace feedback and opportunities for process improvement.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned. Support both large enhancements and ongoing system maintenance work simultaneously.
- Conduct independent research
- Assist with preparation of QA test cases
- Assist QA with Functional Systems testing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA / BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business systems analysis or equivalent role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing and supporting business technology systems
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Experience with business process modeling, use case modeling, business report analysis
- Ability to manages scope of assigned projects and requirements and manage customer expectations using a variety of resources
- Working knowledge of systems, applications, web technologies, and architectures
- Familiarity with programming languages like Visual Basic and Java
- Ability to explain technical details
- Ability to work with customers and teams of all levels and abilities
- Advanced experience with SQL and Excel
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Good insurance industry knowledge
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.