Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Commercial Underwriter who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. Not only is Tower Hill Insurance one of Florida's most trusted names in homeowners insurance, but it offers great opportunities for career advancement and personal growth, along with very competitive benefits and rewards. We are growing at a consistent pace and seek professional individuals with drive, team mentality, who want to make an impact, and are committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry.
As a Commercial Underwriter, you will apply analytical, sales, and interpersonal skills to manage a large P&C portfolio of business with a group of assigned agencies. You will review insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate moderate-to-complex risks. In addition, you will manage relationships across varied sources- including internal and external partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate policies of insurance to place business that meets underwriting guidelines and business strategy.
- Maintains a renewal portfolio and profitable loss experience in line with business goals.
- Conducts loss control analysis with various resources provided through physical inspection reports, geocoding services, and catastrophic modeling services; and communicates any loss control recommendations or policy modifications with agency.
- Effectively communicates to marketing representatives and commercial vendors to obtain additional information or explain company policy.
- Independently sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure timely & appropriate service in accordance with operating standards.
- Cultivates strong relationships with agency partners, marketing representatives, coworkers, and other business contacts.
- May analyze portfolio trends, loss experience, and agency experience to collaborate on goal-setting discussions.
- May conduct independent agency field visits, as well as participate in industry events, when appropriate.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college preferred. Industry education including CPCU or CIC highly desired. One (1) to three (3) years of technical underwriting experience, preferably in property & casualty insurance.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS:
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- High level of personal accountability
- Ability to collaborate
- Attention to detail
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.