Registered Nurse (RN) (Health Center)- Charge Nurse
Westminster Oaks is seeking a full-time RN to provide direct nursing care to residents and supervise day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with state and federal standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards, and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
- Assist in planning resident care by following physician orders.
- Implement resident care based on physician orders.
- Evaluate care and communicate with doctors for updates of orders.
- Administer medication, IVs, give shots, update patient records, provide emotional support, patient education, basic diagnostics, and other patient procedures for residents.
- Receive and transcribe orders from attending physicians.
- Monitor blood glucose, temperature, and blood pressure when necessary.
- Respond to all emergencies.
- Schedule doctors appointments and coordinate transportation for the residents. Includes scheduling labs and transcribing lab results.
- Supervise CNA's and LPNs as Charge Nurse ensure they are providing resident care based on physician orders and defined care plans.
The above job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in this description. This job description may change from time to time as the needs of the organization change.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse. Must be CPR Certified. One year of long term care desirable. Med-Surg, Home Health experience helpful. Experience working with the elderly, physically or developmentally disabled adults preferred. Will train on-the- job in lieu of above experience.
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications