Java Web Developer
6 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Tower Hill Insurance Group is seeking a talented, self-motivated Java Web Developer, to design and build applications for use on our website. These applications are used internally, as well as externally by Customers and Agents, for management and delivery of Customer information.
The Web Programmer will be a key member of this team in creating new functionality, as well as researching and implementing leading edge technologies. This position will allow you to be creative and will give you the opportunity to express ideas crucial to the architecture, design, and implementation of new functionality.
The ideal candidate for this position should have excellent end-to-end web application knowledge, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and have experience in optimizing performance. Candidates should be willing to take on challenging initiatives, be self-motivated, and have the ability to work independently, as well as with others as a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 3 years of professional experience with server side application development in Java (preferable), C# or C
- Strong Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Experience with best practices for user-centric and responsive web design
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, and troubleshooting skills
- Solid coding practices including coding peer reviews, and unit testing
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to implementation
- 4 year College degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience building web applications
- Experience with client-side MVC Frameworks such as AngularJS and Ember.js
- Experience with application security technologies (such as SSL, SSO)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Mobile application development using Native Technologies such Xcode, Objective C; Hybrid Technologies such as HTML 5; and platforms such as Apache Cordoba
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Contribute to team discussions
- Become proficient with all tools and technologies
- Be open with new ideas or proposals
- Possess strong communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent customer focus
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more
For more information about our company, careers and Total Compensation, visit http://www.thig.com/careers
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.